Have you ever wondered what sets successful Amazon sellers apart from the rest? While factors like pricing, product quality, and customer service are undoubtedly important, there's another key factor that can make all the difference: Amazon Editorial Recommendations.
What are Amazon Editorial Recommendations, you may ask? Simply put, they are a powerful tool for increasing exposure and sales on the platform. Editorial Recommendations are curated lists of products that are hand-picked by Amazon editors based on a variety of factors, such as customer reviews, sales data, and industry trends. These lists are prominently displayed on Amazon's homepage and category pages, making them a valuable source of exposure for any seller.
But how can sellers take advantage of Amazon Editorial Recommendations to boost their sales? And how are products picked to participate in the program?
First and foremost, it's important to note that Amazon Editorial Recommendations are entirely at the discretion of Amazon's editorial team. There is no formal application process or guarantee of inclusion, so sellers should focus on producing high-quality products, providing excellent customer service, and optimizing their listings to increase their chances of being noticed by the editorial team.
That being said, Amazon's editorial team uses a number of factors to determine which products are selected for Editorial Recommendations:
1. Quality: The products that make it onto Amazon Editorial Recommendations lists are the best of the best. Amazon's editorial team looks for products with high-quality materials, design, and construction, as well as positive ratings and reviews from customers.
2. Availability: Products must be in stock and available for purchase in order to be considered for an Editorial Recommendation. Products that are frequently out of stock or on backorder are less likely to be chosen.
3. Relevance: Amazon's editorial team takes into account the category of the product and its relevance to the current season or holiday. For example, products related to the winter holiday season are more likely to be featured in December.
4. Trendiness: Amazon's editorial team looks for products that are currently trending in the marketplace, and may consider products that have recently gone viral on social media or other platforms.
5. Visual Appeal: Products that have clear, high-quality images and videos are more likely to be chosen. Amazon's editorial team wants to feature products that will be visually appealing to customers browsing through the lists.
In addition to these factors, there are also specific requirements that must be met in order for a product to be considered for an Editorial Recommendation:
1. Reviews: The product should have at least 100 reviews.
2. Rating: The product should have a rating of at least 4 stars.
3. Sales: The seller should have at least $30,000 in sales.
4. Best Seller: The product should belong to the top 20 percent of Amazon’s best sellers for a particular category.
5. Compliance: The product should have no relation to religion, drugs, or sex, and no medical claims.
6. Inventory: The product should have high levels of inventory.
7. Keywords: The product should have high performance on some keywords.
If you believe that your products meet these requirements and you're interested in being considered for an Editorial Recommendation, there are a few steps you can take to increase your chances:
1. Optimize your listings: Ensure that your product titles, descriptions, and images are high-quality and keyword-rich. Consider adding A+ Content to showcase your products in the best possible light.
2. Engage with Amazon: Respond promptly to any inquiries or issues that may arise, and strive to maintain a positive relationship with Amazon's customer service team.
3. Stay up-to-date on industry trends: Keep an eye on what's popular and trending in your category, and consider adapting your products.
While it may not guarantee an Editorial Recommendation, following these tips can help put your products on Amazon's radar and increase your chances of being featured on a list. And with Amazon Editorial Recommendations being a regular feature of the platform, it's a powerful tool that sellers simply can't afford to ignore.
In conclusion, Amazon Editorial Recommendations can be a game-changer for sellers looking to stand out in a crowded marketplace. By prioritizing quality, compliance, and optimization, and engaging with Amazon in a positive and professional manner, sellers can position themselves for success on the platform. And while there are no guarantees, taking these steps can increase your chances of being noticed by Amazon's editorial team and ultimately lead to more exposure and sales for your products. So what are you waiting for? Start putting these tips into action, and see where Amazon Editorial Recommendations can take your business!